House Painters Serving Howard County, Anne Arundel County, and Beyond
No matter how much you stay on top of it, every home is going to experience maintenance issues when it comes to paint – such as a crayon masterpiece on the children’s bedroom wall, scratches, fingerprints, smudges and dings in the living room or faded paint in the kitchen and bathroom. Typically, the first step to restoring the appearance of a surface involves some light wash down using a solution of mild detergent and water to remove, but even that will only work for so long and that means its time for paint.
If you choose your paint touch-up projects from among the following five areas, you will make a big impact on the appearance of your home. With some time, preparation and proper technique, you can restore the beauty of walls and other surfaces around the home.
1. Interior Trim Touch-Up – Wood trim receives a fair share of scrapes and nicks. A fresh coat of paint on faded interior trim restores the trim to its original luster, brightens up the space, and improves the overall home décor. Most trim already has a high-gloss finish. To avoid shiny blotches on the surface, because each coat adds more shine, you will need to repaint the entire lengthpaint colors
2. Interior and Exterior Doors – Both the interior and exterior doors will likely require some maintenance because of fading and discoloration. For entrance doors, you must consider the bombardment of natural elements including the sun, rain, snow and wind. Start with the front entrance door because that makes an immediate impression on the home’s curb appeal.
3. Bathroom – With a steady stream of traffic, high levels of moisture, cleaning and disinfecting, bathrooms are always in need of some maintenance for all surfaces. You can touch up the doors, windows, walls, ceiling and trim as needed, but since the bathroom comprises a small space relative to other rooms in the home, you may want to consider foregoing touch-up painting here in favor of a complete paint job.
4. Kitchen – Even if you have washable paint on the kitchen walls, with a constant flow of dust, moisture, and airborne grease, surfaces in the kitchen come under serious abuse. Performing touch-up painting in the kitchen provides an easy and inexpensive way to rejuvenate this favorite space.
5. Other Areas in Need of Paint – Often, in high-traffic, heavy use areas, you can clean the surface areas if you used a glossier paint. In some cases, you will need to pay particular attention to how to blend touch up paint in to the surrounding areas, including:
Door frames. handles/knobs
Remember, any area that comes in frequent contact with children, pets and soiled hands makes a serious candidate for a paint touch up.
If your home is overdue for some painting maintenance feel free to give us a call. We offer free estimates, and our painting teams work throughout Anne Arundel County, Howard County, and beyond.