House Painters Serving Anne Arundel & Howard County, MD
Fall can be an excellent time to paint the exterior of your home here in the Maryland area; however there are a few special precautions that need to be taken. A fresh coat can transform your home’s exterior from drab and dreary to fantastic. Use that extra time now that the kids are back in school to get to those home projects you’ve been putting off all summer!
Make Your Fall Painting Project Successful
• For best results, avoid applying exterior paints and stains when temperatures are lower than 50° F. If that's not feasible, or your home is going on the market and you need an exterior paint job after the weather turns cooler, we do work with product lines that allow for application in temperatures as low as 35º F. Every situation is different, so we work with all of our clients on a case-by-case basis.
• As a general rule of thumb, the best hours of application in the fall are between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
• When possible, we want to start your painting on the sunny side of the house and follow the sun around (this is just the opposite of painting in the summer).
• Lower temperatures mean slower drying and longer curing times. Be sure to allow ample time between coats. At least 24 hours is recommended at temperatures below 50º F.
• Watch those dew points! The dew point is the temperature at which moisture will condense on a surface. Paints, stains, or primers should not be applied unless the surface temperature is at least 5° higher than the dew point. Remember that all surfaces to be stained or painted need to be clean and dry. If dew forms on a painted surface that hasn’t had a chance to cure properly, you may experience some water spotting or leaching problems, especially in darker colors.
With our help, your home will be looking as good as new in no time! Do the project right by following these exterior painting tips for fall.
Autumn is the perfect time to paint the exterior home. The weather temperatures during fall are not too hot nor too cold, which allows doors and windows to be opened with little disruption, and we tend to get plenty of beautiful sunny days to work with here in our region. With that in mind, let's break down our top-seven reasons to love exterior painting in the fall:
7 Reasons Fall is the Perfect Time to Paint Your Home
- The temperature fluctuations during fall can be significant. However, there are significantly less bugs. As long as the dewpoint is low it allows both the paint application and the drying process to go smoothly.
- Humidity tends to be lower in the fall than during the summertime. Lower humidity contributes to a better drying finish.
- Painting contractors have the ability to make the repairs that you may not have noticed, further protecting your home from the harsh conditions of winter. This includes but is not limited to woodpecker damage, insect damage, wood rot, mold stains, water stains, caulk failure, peeling paint, and cracked stucco.
- Since most exterior paint requires an ambient temperature of about 50 degrees, fall temperatures are perfect for exterior house painting.
- Rainy days are less frequent during fall making it more likely to finish your exterior painting project within a couple of days.
- Sprucing your house up for the holidays. When company arrives for holiday celebrations, the exterior of your home will look it’s very best.
Ready to Have Your Anne Arundel or Howard County Home Painted?
Please contact us here at All Painting & Power Washing today. Our experienced painting teams offer professionalism and quality that cannot be matched! Estimates are always free, just give us a call!